Wednesday, September 5, 2012

GET WHAT U SING: Aerosmith - Amazing

These days, in my sister's car, I had a complete flashback... do you know what was playing in her car??? All of the songs from Aerosmith!!! OMG, I felt like a teenager again, when I was learning English with songs and used to see Alicia Silverstone (Clueless) in every videoclip they made!!! I could remember most of the lyrics and we were singing out loud together!!! =D We even talked about self-learning in the car, for example, I used to do many exercises by myself, such as listening to the song and following it singing too (easier), or listening to the song and writing every sentence down, stopping and checking later (more difficult).
Esses dias, no carro da minha irmã, tive um flashback total... Sabe o que estava tocando no carro dela??? Todas as músicas do Aerosmith!!! Meu Deus, eu me senti uma adolescente de novo, quando estava aprendendo inglês com músicas e via a Alicia Silverston (As Patricinhas de Beverly Hills) em todos os clipes que eles faziam!!! Eu consegui lembrar a maioria das letras e ficamos cantando em voz alta juntas!!! =D Até mesmo falamos sobre o autoaprendizado no carro, por exemplo, eu costumava fazer vários exercícios por conta própria, como ouvir a música e segui-la cantando também (mais fácil) ou ouvir a música e escrever cada frase, parando e verificando depois (mais difícil).  

So, since most of people know Aerosmith's lyrics, I made a different exercise. You have to fill in the gaps with the missing PREPOSITIONS (yes, those little words every student from every level has difficulty in) and then you listen to the song to check if you got all the prepositions right! Ready??? Write down the numbers with their respective preposition on a piece of paper.
Então, já que a maioria das pessoas conhece as letras do Aerosmith, eu preparei um exercício diferente. Vocês têm que preencher as lacunas com as PREPOSIÇÕES que faltam (sim, aquelas palavrinhas que todo aluno de qualquer nível tem dificuldade) e depois ouvir a música para verificar se vocês acertaram todas as preposições! Prontos??? Anote os números com sua respectiva preposição em um pedaço de papel.

Amazing

I kept the right ones (1) ___ 
Eu deixei os que eram corretos de fora
And let the wrong ones  (2) ___  
E deixei os errados entrarem
Had an angel of mercy to see me  (3) ______  all my sins 
Tinha um anjo de misericórdia para me olhar por todos os meus pecados
There were times  (4) ___  my life 
Houve momentos na minha vida
When I was going insane 
Em que eu estava ficando louco
Trying  (5) ___  walk through 
Tentando superar
The pain 
A dor

When I lost my grip 
Quando eu perdi o controle
And I hit the floor 
E caí no chão
Yeah, I thought I could leave but couldn't get  (6) ___  the door 
Sim, eu pensei que eu pudesse partir, mas não consegui passar pela porta
I was so sick and tired 
Eu estava tão cansado e de saco cheio
(7) ___ living a lie 
De viver uma mentira
I was wishing that I 
Eu desejava que eu
Would die 
Morresse

CHORUS/REFRÃO
It's Amazing 
É incrível
(8) ___ the blink  (9) ___  an eye you finally see the light 
Em um piscar de olhos você finalmente vê a luz
It's Amazing
É incrível
 
When the moment arrives that you know you'll be alright 
Quando chega o momento que você sabe que você vai ficar bem
It's Amazing
É incrível
 
And I'm saying a prayer  (10) ___  the desperate hearts tonight 
E estou fazendo uma oração pelos corações desesperados esta noite

That one last shot's a Permanent Vacation 
Aquele último tiro são férias permanentes
And how high can you fly  (11) ___  broken wings? 
E a que altura você consegue voar com as asas quebradas?
Life's a journey not a destination 
A vida é uma jornada, não um destino final
And I just can't tell just what tomorrow brings 
E eu nem posso dizer nem o que o amanhã trará

You have to learn  (12) ___  crawl 
Você tem que aprender a engatinhar
(13) ______ you learn to walk 
Antes de aprender a caminhar
But I just couldn't listen  (14) ___  all that righteous talk, 
Mas eu simplesmente não conseguia ouvir aquela conversa certinha
oh yeah 
ah é
I was out  (15) ___  the street, 
Eu estava nas ruas
Just trying to survive 
Apenas tentando sobreviver
Scratching (16) ___ stay 
Arriscando para ficar 
Alive
Vivo 

CHORUS/REFRÃO

Desperate hearts, desperate hearts...
Corações desesperados, corações desesperados...


KEY/RESPOSTAS
1- OUT
2- IN
3- THROUGH
4- IN
5- TO
6- OUT
7- OF
8- WITH
9- OF
10- FOR
11- WITH
12- TO
13- BEFORE
14- TO
15- ON
16- TO

No comments:

Post a Comment